The Dual Serial KISS-BOX allows you to control serial devices through a network, making it possible to manage them from distant computers. Each port of the Dual Serial KISSBOX is fully independent and can be configured as RS232, RS422 or RS485. Two Dual Serial KISS-BOX can work in Peer-to-Peer mode to transport serial data across an Ethernet network without the use of computers.
The Dual Serial can also be programmed to run proprietary serial protocols (like MODBUS). The protocols can be integrated by KissBox or by yourself, using the SDK/development chain available from Kiss-Box.
• Sends and receives Serial data over Ethernet.
• High performance serial port handling with 1024 bytes FIFOs
• SDK and free development chain available for proprietary protocol implementation
• RS-232, RS-422 & RS-485 selectable per port, by software
• Baud rate, Start & Stop bit, # data bits & parity programmable per port
• Peer-to-Peer Serial data transmission
• Operating power over the network cable.– IEEE 802-3af
• Platform Independent
• Easy software configuration